Combining the portability and simplicity of a canoe with the fishability, finish level, and advanced composite construction of a high-end poling skiff, the SKANU represents a new category of hybrid fishing craft.
At just 95 pounds, the SKANU can be loaded in a truck bed, hand-launched virtually anywhere, and paddled with a single, double, or stand-up paddle. But that’s where its similarities to kayaks and canoes end.
Equally at home paddled, poled, or powered, the SKANU comes ready to rig with a bow-mount or transom-mount trolling motor or a gas outboard up to 3 hp, which yields a top speed of 9 to 11 mph, depending on load and conditions.
Produced in the same shop and by the same team behind East Cape’s poling skiffs, the SKANU build quality is unmatched in its class, with two-piece, all-composite construction; a combination of infused, vacuum bagged, and hand-laid parts; premium Awl-Grip nonskid; and top-quality components and fittings for a “real boat” feel that roto-molded plastic can’t match. Although we don’t offer installation of SeaDek, Castaway Customs has pre-scanned the SKANU and sells ready-to-install kits. Many other outside vendors are also ready to help you customize your SKANU.
We sell the SKANU as a “blank slate,” ready for you to rig to suit your own fishing style and preferences. The only choice you have to make is color: sky blue, tan, bonefish gray, or ice white.
The Skanu is priced at $3,600 plus tax, with a $1,000 deposit due when you order and the balance due on completion. You are responsible for picking your SKANU up at the East Cape shop or arrange to ship.
We’ll be happy to recommend shipping options. Please call for current time to completion.
- Length: 12'6"
- Beam: 40"
- Weight: 95 lbs.
- Draft: 3" to 5" depending on load
- Max HP: 3
- Capacity: 2 persons or 500 lbs.
THE SKANU OFFERS
- Room to realistically fish up to two adults
- True “no slap” hull shape silent stalking
- Pronounced poling strakes for exceptional tracking
- Substantial freeboard and a closed transom to keep anglers and gear dry
- Two-piece design (hull and liner) and all-composite construction for skiff-like rigidity
- Flat, walkable decks throughout with raised casting deck and integrated poling platform
- Premium Awlgrip non-skid on all decks for exceptional traction and easy cleaning
- Molded-in horizontal racks for four rods up to 9’6”
- Dash panel for flush mounting electronics with displays up to twin 7” or a single 10”
- Molded-in pad to accommodate bow-mount trolling motors
- Finished rolled edge for accessory mounting and easy lifting/dragging
- Real rub rail and stainless drain fitting for durability